Monday, October 22, 2012

I was reflecting on the speaker we had in class the other day and everything she had been discussing with us.  For me it is so hard to swallow the idea of an online school for adults, let alone one for young children.  I cannot fathom how it would work.  It seems to me that it would have to be so much more complex to accommodate for all their needs and would need to have a parent be accommodating as well to sit next to their child and work with them when they are struggling.  I cannot imagine how frustrating it must be for a child sitting at home in front of a computer who is simply not understanding addition.  She is trying to follow the instructions the teacher is saying but she is not fast enough to keep up and gets frustrated.  How does an online school account for the different rates that the children work/ How do they explain and pick up on all the children's misconceptions? How do they differentiate their instruction?  I just have so many questions and get anxious about the entire idea, as if it were my own child having to go through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment