In another class I am taking the professor had us respond to whether we thought technology, computers in particular, had enough to them to be used as a continual motivational tool. I thought I would like to share my response with the class:
I think that technology offers so many means and tools that there will always be something new to do with it. Aside from the infinite resources that technology already offers, it is also constantly evolving. There is always a new feature or program coming out. The only way technology is limited, is if the teacher attempting to use the technology is limited in her understanding of its workings or limited in her imagination of how to use i creatively. I personally don't see either of these as a valid excuse. There are so many professional development meetings on the instruction of technology; smartboards and computers. There are also books and other teachers to show how to use certain websites or tools for your students' use. One of the best things about teaching is the collaboration of the colleagues you work with. If you cannot think of a creative way to use the technology, it is guaranteed that one of your colleagues will. Everyday I feel like I learn something new that I can do on my computer. Whether it is creating a blog, a facebook account, a digication, etc. There are limitless tools you can use through the computer to motivate your students.
No comments:
Post a Comment